Treat your family tomorrow with a breakfast muffin. Not only does it save you time but it’s scrumptiously delicious.
The best part is if you make it in bulk you can freeze it and use it as lunch muffins for the week.
Cheese and bacon breakfast muffins by Tara Noland
- 6 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and cut into bites, 1 Tbsp. reserved
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, plus 2 Tbsp. for topping
- 1/3 cup sliced havarti, diced
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mix together the 2 Tbsp. cheddar cheese and the 1 Tbsp. bacon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190C. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, chives, baking powder, pepper and salt, stir in remaining bacon and cheese.
- Whisk together milk, melted butter, sour cream, and eggs. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir together until just mixed and pour into paper-lined muffin pan. Top each muffin with the reserved bacon and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 min. until tops are golden and muffins are firm to touch or a cake tester comes out clean. Use immediately or freezes well for up to one month. Reheat before serving.