Moringa oleifera is a small to medium-sized tropical tree native to the Indian subcontinent.
The Moringa tree is known to have innumerable health benefits, but the natives value it as a great food source. The leaves, flowers and the green pods of Moringa are all edible; and are widely used in Indian cuisine.
Here are 18 benefits of this wonder plant:
1. Morings offers excellent nutritional support
2. Its leaves help to control blood sugar
3. It may help fight various types of cancers
4. Moringa reduces inflammation in the body
5. This plant’s leaves provide an energy boost
6. Moringa improves immune functioning
7. Moringa leaves promote weight loss
8. It is useful for treating gastrointestinal problems
9. Moringa leaves increase breast milk in lactating mothers
10. The plant’s root can improve kidney function
11. Moringa regulates thyroid function
12. Provides relief from rheumatoid arthritis
13. It gives relief from insomnia
14. Moringa stimulates hair growth
15. The plant reduces dandruff and other scalp problems
16. It controls skin wrinkles and fine lines
17. Moringa reduces acne and blackheads
18. Moringa helps control eczema and psoriasis
Read the original article here.
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 694 6047
The South Coast Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.
(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)