Enjoy this versatile vegetarian fritter recipe by Delicious Magazine, as a snack or for lunch, or serve with green salad, yogurt and lime wedges as a light dinner.
What you will need:
- 800g carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 600g sweet potatoes
- 5 medium free-range eggs
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 6 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 25g fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 300ml vegetable oil
- Green salad, lime wedges and yogurt to serve
- Peel and grate the carrots, potatoes, onion and sweet potato. Put in a colander over the sink with a big pinch of salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, feta, flour, coriander and cumin seeds, then beat with a fork until mixed.
- Squeeze as much liquid from the veg as you can, pressing down hard into the colander for 1-2 minutes, then ass to the egg mixture. Stir to combine and season well. Heat the oven to 150C/fan130C/gas2.
- Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan to 180C or until a cube of bread sizzles. Put a small handful of the mix in a slotted spoon and lower into the oil. Cook 2-3 at a time: fry for 1.2 minutes, then turn and repeat until golden. Put on a plate and keep warm in a low oven.
Another must-try: Warm up with baked cheese and sweet potato fritters
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 694 6047
The South Coast Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.
(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)