Start your morning off with a healthy snack. This granola bar recipe is quick and easy to make and should be a great pre-workout snack to keep your energy up.
Two cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Spread the oats and coconut evenly across a baking sheet.
- Toast oats and coconut in preheated oven until browned, about 10 minutes; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix honey, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour the honey mixture over the oats and coconut; stir to coat. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until beginning to dry, about 15 minutes for crunchy granola bars, less if you like them chewy. Cool completely before cutting.
WATCH: The recipe in action in three different ways