To celebrate National chocolate milkshake day, there are some cool and awesome ways to make the chocolaty treat at home or increase the sweetness.
Remember Nesquik? It was a part of every South African’s childhood and a staple drink in all households. It provided delicious and thirst quenching chocolate milk. But just in case you don’t have any right now here is an equally delicious alternative: Homemade Nesquik chocolate milk
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients. I threw all 3 in a mini food processor and mixed for a minute or two.
- Store in a sealed container.
- Plan on 1-2 tablespoons (to taste) chocolate milk mix to the milk.
- When making a glass of chocolate milk, stir powder mix into 1 – 2 tablespoon warm water to help dissolve sugar crystals.
- Add milk, stir and enjoy.
Not only tasty, did you know chocolate milk is actually good for you?
Good reasons why low-fat choc milk is healthy:
10 benefits of chocolate low-fat milk for recovery:
- Fluid and electrolytes for hydration
- Protein source for muscle repair
- Carbohydrate source to replenish energy stores for the next practice
- Chocolate in the milk boosts the carbohydrate supplied to your muscles and liver
- Low cost replenishing option
- Quick and potentially portable
- Replenishes necessary vitamins
- It tastes great and kids typically love to drink chocolate milk
WATCH: benefit of chocolate milk