THE world is filled with funny stories and even funnier facts.
It might not add value to your life but in case you are having a bad day, here are the funniest and weirdest facts to give you a giggle or maybe leave you flabbergasted.
DID YOU KNOW?
- A blue whale’s fart is large enough to hold a horse inside it.
- The Romans used to clean and whiten their teeth with urine. Apparently it works. Don’t try this at home
- The first American film to show a toilet being flushed on screen was Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho. Now that’s stinking idea.
- For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants.
- If you die in Amsterdam with no next of kin and no-one to attend your funeral, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
- It is believed the reason why night insects, like moths, are attracted to light is because they mistake them for the light of the moon, which they used to navigate the Earth before mankind made artificial light. Poor bugs.
WATCH: More fun facts
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061-876-3179
The Southlands Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our Facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031-903-2341 and speak to a journalist.
(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)