Being a short person can have its pros and cons. Pros, anybody we stand next to is a human umbrella on a hot day. Con, that person will be releasing all kinds of hellish underarm smells.
Although it’s great being short and us shorties have a lot of fun being closer to the ground, we receive a lot of sarcastic comments from taller people. We get it all. From “how’s the weather down there, to “Did you get lost on your way to the Shire (Hobbit home)?”. Besides jokes, we are constantly observed and put under a microscope. We don’t mind, but there are certain things you should not do when you encounter a shorty.
Five things you should not do/say to short people:
- Don’t talk down to us. Yes, we are vertically challenged but we are not hard of hearing. Stand up straight and talk to them like a normal person.
- They are not made of wood, so don’t treat them like furniture, they are not your leaning post.
- Just because they can fit into any space, doesn’t mean they are willing to do it. Stop asking them to crawl through pipes to rescue your stuff.
- YES, we know we are short. Reminding us every time will not change the world!
- We have a name. A name legally and rightfully given to us. Please don’t call us shorty, short stuff, hobbit or little one. Not cool.
WATCH: Funny video on being short
DID YOU KNOW?
Click on the words highlighted in red to read more on this and related topics.
To receive news links via WhatsApp, send an invite to 061 876 3179
The Southlands Sun is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest – why not join us there?
Do you have more information pertaining to this story?
Feel free to let us know by commenting on our facebook page or you can contact our newsroom on 031 903 2341 and speak to a journalist.
(Comments posted on this issue may be used for publication in the Sun)