SURPRISE your father on Father’s Day with a quick and easy no bake or cook recipes which will give you millions of brownie points.
To satisfy his sweet tooth get cracking with a no bake eclair cake by allmyrecipes:
- 2 x packets Tennis biscuits
- 2 vanilla instant pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 250ml Orley whip
Ingredients for the icing:
- 3 tablespoons of Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons of warm milk
- Mix above ingredients till smooth. Add more icing sugar if you like the frosting a little thicker. If it’s too thick, just add a little more milk.
- Mix pudding and milk in a bowl. Blend together for about 2 minutes then fold in the cool whip.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray. Place a layer of whole Tennis biscuits on the bottom, then top with 1/2 the pudding. Cover pudding with another layer of Tennis biscuits, top with remaining pudding and another layer of Tennis biscuits. Then carefully spread the frosting on the biscuits.
- Chill over night or for at least 8 hours.
Impress your father with a Creamy Avocado and White Bean Wrap if he prefers a salty and more spicy taste. Recipe by eatingwell.com
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons of chilli (hot) sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas
- Whisk vinegar, oil, hot sauce and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread about ½ cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about ⅔ cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
MORE: recipes and ideas