- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large eggplant/brinjal, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a resealable plastic bag. Dip each eggplant slice in the egg, then drop the eggplant in the flour mixture one at a time, shaking the bag to coat the eggplant.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep pan over medium heat. Place the eggplant slices in the pan to cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned. Drain the eggplant slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Arrange the eggplant in one layer on a baking sheet. Spoon enough pizza sauce to cover each eggplant slice. Top each eggplant with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the mozzarella cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.